Our Commitment to Ensure Katalis Website Accessibility and Compatibility
Katalis is committed to developing a website that is easily accessible to persons with disabilities. We have and will continue to test the website along with our partners (persons with disabilities organisations or DPOs) to improve website accessibility and ensure equal access to all users.
At this stage of website development, we have considered applying several aspects to ensure accessibility, by:
- Using the right color combinations so that the website can be used by users with limited visibility;
- Providing closed caption (subtitle) and volume control on video for users with hearing impairments (excluding partner videos uploaded on their own links);
- Ensuring that the content on the website is readable by the screen reader, so the screen reader can read the text to the user (text to speech) or generate a signal on the braille reader;
- Ensuring the magnifying glass features (part of computers) can be used on the website to support text visibility;
- Providing keyboard navigation (using the “tab” button to move navigation and “enter” buttons to select the desired navigation) so that the website can be used by people with disabilities with motor impairments without having to utilise the mouse.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that our website works well on:
- Operating system:
- Mac OS X v10.4 Tiger and higher,
- Windows 7 and higher.
- Google Chrome (version 49 or later),
- Microsoft Edge (version 15.15063 or later),
- Internet Explorer (version 11),
- Safari (version 10 or later),
- Mozilla Firefox (version 54 or later).
Furthermore, we also ensure that our website is built on website accessibility and compatibility standards (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Accessible Rich Internet Applications in the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)) with tools and software that support users with special needs.
We strive to build this website flexible, easy to use by users with different needs or preferences, and accessible through various technologies, including mobile devices or technologies that facilitate disability.
Although Katalis strives to meet accessibility guidelines, we know that there are parts of the website that have not been able to meet accessibility guidelines. As such, Katalis will continue to conduct some accessibility testing with DPOs to change and improve the website throughout the life of the project.
Katalis is not responsible for any additional software or software used by the user.